Community Code of Conduct
At AdHacks, we are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive community for all. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing an environment free from discrimination, racism, and harassment.
Our community members are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Treat every member with respect and dignity, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other personal characteristics.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and experiences, as they enrich our community.
- Avoid discriminatory language, slurs, or offensive remarks that may harm or marginalize others.
- We are committed to being actively anti-racist. Discrimination, hate speech, or harassment based on race or ethnicity will not be tolerated.
- Report any instances of racism or discrimination promptly to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Harassment of any form, including but not limited to verbal, physical, sexual, or online harassment, is strictly prohibited.
- Do not engage in behavior that makes others feel uncomfortable, threatened, or unsafe.
- Respect personal boundaries, consent, and the comfort levels of others.
- The AdHacks Community provides a harassment-free learning environment for everyone, regardless of: Gender, Gender identity, Gender expression, Age, Sexual orientation, Disability, Physical appearance, Body size, Race, Ethnicity, Native language, Religious or Spiritual beliefs, or Technology choices.
- Harassment includes: Offensive verbal comments related to any of the above, Sexual images in public spaces, Deliberate intimidation, Stalking, Unsolicited photography or recording, Sustained disruption, Inappropriate physical contact, Unwelcome sexual attention
- Encourage open and respectful communication within the community.
- Disagreements are natural, but handle them with civility and focus on the issue rather than attacking individuals personally.
- If you witness or experience any violation of this Code of Conduct, please report it to AdHacks immediately.
- AdHacks will take appropriate action to address any reported violations, which may include warnings, temporary suspensions, or permanent bans from the community.
- You can make a report either personally or anonymously (by using the anonymous form below). If you see a code of conduct violation and you’re comfortable doing so, let the person know that what they did is inappropriate and ask them to stop. That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue. If the behavior continues, or if you’re not comfortable speaking up, there are several ways we can support you.
- To report inappropriate behavior in one of our AdHacks Online Communities (Training Portal, Slack, or Facebook), contact an AdHacks Community team member as soon as possible by pinging one of our accounts, or sending an email. You can also submit anonymously by using the form below.
- As a member of the AdHacks community, strive to be a positive role model and actively contribute to creating a safe, inclusive, and anti-racist environment.
- Commit to ongoing education and self-improvement regarding issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Recognize that we all have room for growth and learning.
By participating in the AdHacks community, you agree to uphold this Code of Conduct and work together to maintain a respectful, inclusive, and anti-racist environment. We appreciate your commitment to these principles and values.
Anyone that is not following this Code of Conduct that is asked to correct their behavior must do so immediately. If a community member engages in any unacceptable behavior, the AdHacks team may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling them from any of the AdHacks Community spaces including the online forum, community slack, training portal, Facebook Groups, virtual events, and in-person events.